This is the PineTime. A companion for your Linux smartphone, and new side-project of ours. More news coming in the future...
(If you have experience with FreeRTOS or mbed, and are interested, please get in touch!)
As far as static site generators go, Pelican is fucking sick.
Really interesting that the last year the devs have been adding more polish and usablity features to the importers and dev server.
Great for going beyond simple blogs into actually organizing information and having layouts & embedded HTML.
lets get down to tacks, which is it really? :chick_magic:
[ ] leviosa
[ ] leviosah
Anyone have a guide for switching mastodon instances that minimizes the gnashing of teeth? And maximizes continuity?
I want to #selfhost a fully standalone + offline cache of web + ebook content with a search engine on top.
While our home "DC" was up and online during most of the hurricane, we lost internet connection and couldn't look up a lot of things online that we take for granted.
I want to fix that, anyone out there familiar with the space? or know what #FOSS projects are best to glue this stuff together?
👵 what are you doing on your computer?
:blobexclaim: whats a computer?
👵 wHaTs A cOmPuTeR
yall CWs are a drug, SHOW MORE
unfortunately i can't even help clicking the ones i know are triggering.
Already had my mind blown today with a new perspective...
Long maternity and paternity leave in Scandinavian culture is the right of the child, irrespective of the wealth, social standing, and life choices of the parents.
I imagine if this argument was told to my American family they'd be caught with their britches down, because they're too focused on complaining about "lazy adults".
Today's paper boiled down :chick_science_ohno:
- It's more efficient to schedule dynamic scientific workloads dynamically than to cram a dynamic workload into a static scheduler.
- Use multiple relevant properties of the task to calculate a weight.
- Before assigning a task to a compute unit, re-calculate the weight of the tasks again based on the whole workflow's deadline.
- Re-use compute units (even if idle) where the cost (t) of resultant data transfer is higher than saving it to persistent storage and deploying it to a new node.
- I promise we're not sponsored by Amazon, but they're the only cloud provider we used in our simulations for cost and time modeling.
those dang sidekiq queues.
in hindsight, forking the project in early 2017 to add our community features and changes was an early nail in the coffin.
I kept up with upstream from pre 1.0 til 1.4 when there was a massive refactor that bisected almost all of our features and changes.
i've backported a few changes to make compatibility better, but 🤷 looks like we're getting left in the dust now.
A deduplication scheme that can reduce any file to 2 bits.
By removing all the redundant 1s and 0s and only storing each value once per file, our research team has achieved unprecedented file compression ratios.